Volunteers must be willing/able to pass background check and attend child sexual abuse awareness/prevention training. Volunteers must be 16 years old if parent/guardian is not volunteering during the same period. A 2 week notice is required prior to the first time volunteering.
- Monday/Tuesday mornings
- Volunteers help by unloading donated items (delivered to our location from area parishes and community partners), then bagging approximately 300 lunches per morning; one or two volunteers then deliver the bagged lunches to day-worker programs
- Volunteer pairs also needed the 3rd Thursday of each month as well as the occasional 5th Thursday to deliver bagged lunches to day-worker programs at 5:30 a.m. Must have own vehicle
- Volunteers will help set up the instruction and cooking areas; assist Director during instructional time; assist with food/ingredient prep; wash cookware and dishes; clean up the instruction and cooking areas; and other duties associated with preparing meals.
- Volunteers are needed to help with the day-to-day operations of the Sarah Center as well as inside/outside sales and events. Click here for a list of upcoming sales/events and to sign up.
- Meals are served Monday/Wednesday/Friday 4:30-5:15 pm (closed on major holidays)
- Volunteers usually arrive around 3:30 to help with set-up, meal preparation and serving, bus tables, wash dishes, prepare and serve beverages, and clean-up; usually finished around 6 pm.
Visit our contact page to contact us for more information regarding volunteer opportunities.